Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The loss of a family friend...

Tonight Diane called to tell me that Wendy Parent, age 61, passed away at approximately 6:00 PM after a lengthy bout with cancer.

Wendy became close to my family many years ago when introduced as Tracy's mom. Tracy was one of Diane's bridesmaids and closest friends. Her mom and dad, Ron and Wendy, got to know my folks and forged a friendship. Last summer they all took a trip, along with the Willocks to Portugal - something Wendy apparently had always wanted to do.

I won't pretend to know her well. She was at my wedding, but we never really did get to know each other. Even still I am saddened by her passing as I do her children and I'm all to aware of what she meant to my family.

Wendy Parent is survived by he husband Ron, 3 children (Greg, Tracy and Leanne), grandson Ryan and second grandchild, expected to be born any day now.

Rest peacefully Wendy...

No comments: