Once I stopped my car, the policeman walked over to the window immediately. I thought that was strange. Normally they go to their car, punch up your plate, etc etc. Then he pointed to the two ribbons I'd been wearing that said "It's a girl!" and "New Dad". I had hung them on my side mirror.
"Just had a baby, huh?""Yes sir"
"Girl, huh?"
"Yes sir"
"No how fast you were going?"
"...."
"Lemme guess... you've been up all night, barely slept and are runnin out to get a bite to eat and pick up a couple things for your wife and the baby..."
"Yes sir...."
"Want me to check your babyseat?"
He was totally pulling my chain the whole time. He said afterwards that he was also a new dad and had the exact same ribbons at home. He checked the seat and told me it was "Rock solid" and hadn't seen an installation that tight in years! I can thank my boy Darkside for his installation assistance.
No comments:
Post a Comment