Monday, March 06, 2006

Tasha's Baptismal-fun crazy weekend recap

Wow. What a weekend. On Friday Sarah and I were thrilled to welcome Adam (Tasha's godfather) and his parents (Is and Brian) to stay at our place. They had travelled from deep in PA to be with us for our special day.

We had a great time just catching up, and watching them finally introduce themselves face to face to my little angel.

On Saturday morning we went out to breakfast at one of our favorite local spots and then did a ton of running around before having to head down to the church. Yes, we were late. I'll take full blame. When we got there, we had a ton of work to do.

Setting up the church basement / hall for Sunday's reception, making a run to the local beer store to pick up enough suds for a small army, and the actual rehearsal with the priest.

That's when I got to see a whole bunch of people who came up from the U.S. - my godparents, my uncle and aunt, charlie, alex and the girls, Lina J and more. I really wish that we weren't all so distant. We really should see each other more often.

By the way - We'll never again do seating arrangements. That was WAY too complicated. Sorry to those who were inconvenienced by my oversights and by the fact that I printed out a draft copy and now the final revised edition. Doh.

I neglected to properly thank Tia Lourdes publically on Sunday. She invested so much of her own time and money into making Sunday a spectacular event. Sometimes we (meaning me) take for granted those who have ALWAYS done so much and have ALWAYS been there. I meant no offence. I love you Tia - thanks for all your help.

Anyway - I know what everyone wants - pictures and videos from the Baptism... They're coming soon! I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Don and Sarah,

We loved spending time with all of you. To bad is was such a whirl wind and went by so fast. Adam talks about tasha everyday. He really misses her. My friends just love the pictures of your little doll baby. What great parents you are!! I'm so very proud of you.

Love you,

Is

Anonymous said...

Hi Don and Sarah,

We loved spending time with all of you. To bad is was such a whirl wind and went by so fast. Adam talks about tasha everyday. He really misses her. My friends just