Tuesday, March 21, 2006

What March Break?

I've been a very, very bad blogger. I've let my site collect dust while i've been off bustin my butt. I had been looking forward to the March Break since the Christmas Break... as another opportunity to spend some uninterrupted quality time with my girls. Instead, I ended up working for George at the Conquest Basketball Camp.

I enjoy working camps, and I have missed coaching - but it is so hard to focus on drills when I notice that it's almost 11:00 AM and Tasha's probably going down for her nap. It's hard spending so much time with other's people's kids while my wife is home with mine. I'm hoping that this summer I will work 5 or 6 weeks of camp and then have a couple weeks to spend with them.

I am glad though that I got to spend some time with the staff. Adam, Matt and Hailey were there all week. Tuck came in on Monday before heading back to finish the school year at Loyola, and he put on a little dunk show for the kids.

Andrew and George were there on Thursday and Friday. Wow has Andrew changed. His tatoo, his conditioning, his attitude. He seems to really be headed in the right direction. There are a couple NCAA schools looking at him now and I hope he signs early.

Sarah and I have discussed the possibility of a U.S. road trip this summer - to visit family in PA. That would be pretty terrific. The last time we made that journey was in July of 2000. Things have certainly changed a lot since then.

This past weekend was pretty relaxing... Saturday night was unbelievable. Sarah made a gourmet pasta dish, along with some fantastic grilled chicken, while I sat around with my in-laws, my dad and Dan-e-o. The parents left fairly early while Dan and I settled in for about 7 hours of sporting tv. Both semi-finals of the World Baseball Classic, WWE Saturday Night's Main Event, March Madness NCAA Basketball, Maple Leaf Hockey.... holy crap. There was just too much TV to watch!

Dan made comments all night about Sarah's unbelievable cooking and how cool it was that she just let us sit there and watch TV till 2AM. I'm not going to lie - I've got a really sweet set up.

No comments: