One year ago at the time of this writing, I was standing next to Sarah, while she was in labour. Apprehension was at an all time high - as was my levels of excitement and andrenaline. It was a 24 hour span I'll always remember like it was yesterday.
Reading the story I wrote on this blog the day she was born, and it really feels strange to think that was an entire year ago. It doesn't seem like a full year ago that I walked down that hospital corridor following Sarah's surgery, proudly presenting the new grandparents with 7 pounds, 10 ounces of pure bliss.
Today, she's closer to 25 pounds. She's over two and a half feet tall and she is just brimming with energy, curiosity, and love. She crawls faster than a speeding bullet. She climbs up and down the stairs of our house (always supervised!) with ease. She's learning sign language. She loves to sing along with her mom or dad and do little hand actions that go with the song. Her favourite book is Pat The Bunny. She is an amazing little girl.
Natasha, before you were born, I thought I was prepared for what fatherhood would be like. I was wrong. It is so much more. A friend of mine, and our family dentist, Gerry Filgiano said to me a few months before you were born, "You have no idea how hard you are going to fall in love with that baby". Truer words have never been spoken by a dentist.
Your mother and I adore you. You are everything to us.
Later today, some of our friends and family will be joining us for your first birthday party. I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, and you'll be flashing that $100,000,000 smile and giggling all day long.
I love you Natasha Alexis Venusina Abreu. God bless you.
Happy Birthday baby girl.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY NATASHA!!!!!!
Love,
Auntie Andrea and Veronika :-)
Post a Comment