This morning, at about 6:30 my girls left for Salem, Mass. Sarah and Natasha (along with Carolynn and Baba Lex) have gone down (by car) to spend some time with the Loretta, Randy, Andre and Khira. This will be Sarah's last and Tasha's only chance to see the house on Salem, before the whole clam moves to Kingston this summer. I know Sarah was looking forward to the trip and I really want them to have a good time. They're going to be gone until the 7th of May. Eight days.
Eight days.
Eight days?
EIGHT DAYS!
I've never been apart from Tasha more than twelve hours. This is going to be very, very challenging.
Before they left this morning, Sarah put Tasha in bed with me. She immediately snuggled up and stared at me with a very calm face. She took her hand and started gently stroking my forehead and cheeks, in a very soothing fashion. "Don't worry Daddy", is what I imagine she was saying.
So my eight month old princess and my queen are off on an adventure. Have fun girls. I'll be thinking about you - constantly.
No comments:
Post a Comment