Wow I'm getting really bad at updating my blog.
I keep getting family hate-mail telling me to keep this thing up to date, so I will try to be better about it. I'll give you all a quick recap as to what is / has been going on.
First and foremost, you pretty much all heard about Dad's accident. I'm happy to tell you that he's doing much, much better. He actually went back to work this week (light duty only) and is a lot more mobile. I really think that the same accident would have killed me, or most people. I think the only way this man is ever going to break is if someone finds a huge supply of kryptonite.
I'm home for the summer. The camp I usually work for in the summer has been hit hard by low attendance. I was originally going to look into picking up another summer gig, but Sarah and I talked about it and I think this is a sign that I'm just meant to stay home and spend more time with Natasha.
Speaking of which, I can't tell you how quickly she's growing up. She's saying Mamma, Dadda and Babba all the time. She waves hello and bye bye at the appropriate times and she loves to clap (especially if you sing, "If You're Happy and You Know It..."). She truly is amazing.
Last week the Weitings moved to Kingston from Salem Mass. This move has been planned for at least a year and has finally happened. Everyone is very excited about our families living much closer to each other. Last week Khira came to stay with us for a week while her parents got things set up at the house. Khira did a great job looking after Tasha, entertaining her and being a good big cousin.
Last weekend was Mikael's birthday party at my parents house. It was actually a pretty big event with golf during the day and an all day BBQ. Good times, good times.
Weddings, weddings, weddings. Two weeks ago we went to Sheryl's wedding (one of Sarah's high school friends) at Casa Loma. This weekend is Wendy's wedding. Wendy is a long time mutual friend of Sarah's and Diane's. Coming up soon, my little baby cousin Geoff will be tying the knot. Unreal. I actually still remember the day he was born quite vividly.
In sports news:
I was really proud of the Portuguese soccer team - though I wish they could have overcome Headbuttin' Zidane's penalty kick to get a crack at those Italians in the final. They were emotionally drained in the 3rd place game against the home town Germans. They had a great run.
Five Toronto Blue Jays in the all star game! Wells with one of the precious FEW hits that were allowed, Glaus with a key double that lead to the win in the ninth, and BJ Ryan picking up the save. Hopefully Alex Rios will be back soon from that Staph infection. No truth to the rumor that Dan-e-o started that it was actually Erik Hinske that injected Rios with something!
Bryan Colangelo is determined to make his mark on the Raptors. Good or bad, this guy is makin' moves! At this point, there are only 4 guys on the roster that were on it in at the end of May! That's a quick turn around! He also made it very clear he still has money to spend and isn't done. The Raps seem to be sitting with an over abundance of swingmen ... so a trade could be a brewing...
Tha O Show has exploded. The little wrestling blog Dan-e-o and I started in February has now reached 4,000 members a day and is growing. MySpace has turned out to be an unbelievable promotional tool.
My computer DIED on me this week. Actually just the harddrive. Future Shop wanted 250 bucks to take it in, format it and then another 60 for a new drive. They also said it would take at least a week. I took it to The Computer Mechanics instead. They've had a show on Rogers for years which I've enjoyed and have a store in Oshawa. The people there are awesome. They charged me 100 bucks to clean the whole thing, give it a great tune up and have it running faster than it was when I first got it!
That's it for now... time to do some chores 'round the house. I'll be writing MUCH more frequently, so keep checking! New Tasha pictures should be uploaded by tonight or tomorrow morning!
Friday, July 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment