"Schooooooooooool's out for SUMMMER! Schoooooooooooool's out for EVA!"
Ok, maybe not forever, but the immortal words of Alice Cooper have certainly been running through my mind since 3:31 on Friday afternoon. I don't know why exactly, but it seems as though this school year was just a little bit longer than most.
I think in part it's because I've been anticipating my vacation the way a kid anticipates a shiny red bike under the tree on Christmas morning.
I've been dying to have a little down time to rest and recharge and spend with my unbelievable daughter.
Keep in mind - Tasha was born on the 25th of August. Sarah was in the hospital for almost a week, and we only had a couple days at home together before I had to go back to work. Since then it's been a bit of a grind. Christmas was nice, but I worked through the March Break and even now will be going to work basketball camp in another week.
These moments are so precious. I can't believe how tall she is already. I can't believe that she laughs at the appropriate time. She takes her pacifier out of her mouth, shoves it in mine and starts laughing uncontrollably.
She crawls - not the slithery type snakey crawling she's been doing - but 'big girl crawling! Up on her knees moving really fast! Thank goodness we put baby gates up because you can't take your eyes off her for a second!
Just over 10 months old already. Where has the time gone? I plan on savouring the last two months of her first year.
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cool
Have an sn awesome summer Andrew
Post a Comment