Sunday, September 17, 2006

Look Mom, No Hands

Donnie has finally permitted me to post on the blog. Actually he suggested it.

Natasha has been on her feet for months, cruising the furniture and using her walker or stroller.

We have been eagerly awaiting her first unassisted steps. But, she insists on holding at least one of our fingers to walk and if we let go, she sits down to crawl or reaches for something to hold on to. She is so funny to watch when she is standing by herself without realizing it, because as soon as she notices she looks at her feet and quickly sits down.

Well today was different.

Natasha walked today at our friend's house for the first time. It was Andrea's daughter Veronika's 1st birthday and Tasha was really motivated by seeing her buddy Nika walking and by Andrea cheering her on. Natasha took about 4 steps and then did it for a second time.

She was very tired when she got home and wasn't interested in showing us anymore. Well we all knew it was coming. Watch out Babas, Vava, Granpy, Pops and Uncle Joe. Today a few steps...tomorrow a marathon and you all need to chase her. I'm going to catch you..I'm going to catch you...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT'S THIS? Tasha is walking? Why didn't I hear about this? I want to chase my little niece too!
I agree with Lex, more pictures please!

Char said...

Yayyy Tasha! Soon you and Kaylin can go for walks together.

We hope to see you guys soon.

Char and Kaylin

Abreu said...

Um ok Baba Lex ... I'll post more pics if you'll do my readings for English class and finish analyzing Oedipus Rex for me...

Please have three Tenesse Williams plays read by Monday!

Pics are on the way
be patient y'all....