My twenties are officially over. To tell you the truth, I couldn't be happier. I've accomplished more than my share in the last decade. From my work with St. John, to my career in broadcasting, becoming a teacher, meeting my bride, getting married, buying a great house, having a beautiful baby girl... Hell I think I've done pretty well for myself!
All I've heard is "Dude, the big 3-0!!". I've maintained a theory for many years though. I was never a typical guy for my age... I always had older friends, and tried to carry myself accordingly. I've had so many amazing life experiences, some have suggested I write a book. When a guy in his 20's tries telling someone pushing 40 that they have experienced a lot and have a pretty good understanding of the world, they are often laughed at. "Oh you're just a puppy!" Turn 30 though and instantly you move up on the respect ladder. Deny if you like, but it's damn true. The same paradigm applied when I chopped off my waist length hair at 22. :)
Sarah and Natasha came to visit me at school today and it was awesome. The kids were thrilled to meet her, as were the other staff members. Mr. H took some pics so we'll have them posted some time soon.
Tonight I'll be having dinner with my in-laws (mmmmm what's in David's gourmet kitchen????), my sister, both brothers-in-law, my Baba, my girl, my baby girl and probably the Garside clan. Should be fun.
Looks like i'll be going out this weekend to do a traditonal b-day type blow-out. Nothing to crazy though. I'm not a kid anymore!
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment