Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Tasha, I think you dropped something!

It happened today. That little stump of an umbilical cord fell off. How exciting! The sad part was, I was at work when it happened and missed the entire ordeal. Sarah phoned me during a break to share the news. Then the conversation turned to, what the hell do we do with that shriveled little stump?

One of my aunt's has shared the old portuguese belief that you must incinerate the little nub. Light it on fire and watch it burn. Apparently, the common means of disposal, just tossing it in the trash is bad news. Neighborhood rodents are attracted to the scent and should they happen to chew it up then bad luck shall come to baby.

Some people have suggested we should ziploc it and put it in baby's book of memories. Realistically though, will Tasha ever want to see her stump? Especially 10, 20 or 30 years from now. That'll be one nasty, stinky little stump. Would I want to see my stump if my parents had it?? Hell no.

I have a feeling this little sucker is getting chucked with Monday's leftovers and the used diapers.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donnie, throw it out that is really gross to even have a full length conversation and post it on here. We would all much prefer to see more pictures of Tasha posted on here please!
Especially all of us over here in Portugal who are missing her.....ya I guess we miss you too.
Love Diane and Mike
P.S. Mike says you should take a picture of the stump and post it on here, then we can all share in the moment!