Mike Folker is an outstanding young man I coached for three seasons at MDHS. Some of you might remember him as the kid who caught the garter at my wedding! I remember when he was a grade nine at McGivney and I was convincing him and his folks to transfer for a superior program and the chance to play university ball just like his dad. Well, Mike is playing university ball now and is excelling as a rookie at his dad's Alma mater - Acadia.
Mike is at Acadia with another GTA kid - Paulo Santana out if Central Commerce. Santana is actually a year older than Mike but both are rookies. These two freshman are currently leading their team in almost every statistical category.
Folker 4 GP 1 GS 27.3 MIN .488% FG .667 3PT % .667 Free% 4.0 Reb 3 TO 12.5 PPG
Santana 5 GP 3 GS 22.6 MIN .417% FG .389 3PT % .778 Free% 6.4 Reb 14 TO 15.6 PPG
In terms of their ranking on the team .... they are:
1st (Folker) and 4th (Santana) in minutes played
1st (Santana) and 2nd (Folker) in scoring
1st (Santana) and 2nd (Folker) in rebounding
1st (Folker) and 3rd (Santana) in FG %,
2nd (Folker) and 4th (Santana) in 3pt shooting
Outstanding work.
In other MDHS grad news...........
Tonight I'll be seeing Tyler McGarrity in his Windsor blue and yellow play Waterloo at Humber College. I'm excited to see T play. He was a huge part of our back to back championships at MDHS and improved dramatically after transfering from Ajax.
Already this young season, he has played some big minutes and continued to do what he did in high school - score in bunches and rebound like a fiend (especially on the offensive glass).
Last night, Sarah, Tasha and I went to Brother Andre to see their girls defeat MDHS and win the division title. Wolk's first title of any sort in 7 years. Too bad it was awful looking basketball. Oh well.
Friday, October 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment