This was actually a pretty solid weekend. On Friday night I went to see the Raptors for the first time this season. The tickets were a birthday gift from Aunt Loretta. The plan was for Sarah and I to go together, but she's been having unreal pains lately in her knees (shin splints according to the doctor), so she stayed home with Tash and I went with Dan-e-o. The game was actually pretty entertaining, and the Raps beat the Boston Celtics 93-83.
I have read on several websites and heard people in the media talk about how awful the Raptors will be this year and how they don't have any assests and how the NBA in Canada is in trouble. Personally, I think that's a bunch of crap from people who don't understand the game.
The Raptors started three rookies against Boston. UConn's Charlie Villaneueva, Oklahoma State's Joey Graham and an impressive young point guard from Spain - Jose Calderon. All three aquitted themselves nicely playing sound defence on and off the ball and showing the ability score. Jalen Rose provides great leadership - as does Mo Pete (who's really an under-rated defender who just shoots the ball too much). Put all that with hard work guys like Pape Sow, Matt Bonner and Mike James and you have the makings of a team that won't be contending, but should be competitive and entertaining. Of course, I didn't even mention the face of the franchise - Chris Bosh. But what's there to say about CB4 that hasn't been said?
On a side note....... what's up with fans at a game who shoot you a dirty look when you decide to be LOUD and involved? Am I in church? Is this a freakin' library? Why can't I yell from the 14th row for Loren Woods to stop shooting the damn ball? What's wrong with that? I NEVER EVER use profanity at a game and I keep my comments light hearted. Never fails though - there's always some blue-hair and some family of 4 with 2 kids looking at you as if to say "Would you keep it down, i'm trying to concentrate!"
I'm starting to think this is a problem that exists exclusively in Toronto. I've been to sporting events in other cities that were way more boistrous. Hell, I've been to high school games with more emotional crowds than I see at the ACC. The Dome is the worst though - when you go down to watch the Jays. I remember actually being asked to leave once by an Usher because some fossil who was about 158 years old (and a season ticket holder) was trying to focus on her scorecard, and didn't enjoy me screaming at Joe Carter to lay off that stupid offspeed pitch.
After the Raptors game, Dan and I went for dinner at East Side Mario's then went out on the town. Good times.
Yesterday, was a family day. Sarah's Aunt Linda came by with her two kids Justin and Lisa (Lisa was a bridesmaid in our wedding). They hung out for a couple hours and of course were amazed by our girl. My Aunt Lucy and Uncle Lou came by to meet Tasha for the first time and couldn't get over how big she is.
Lisa decided to stay over when everyone else left. We got out the drinks, watched some bad horror movies and a few episodes of Dead Like Me from Showcase. Has this show been cancelled? Anyone know??Today, my in laws are coming by, and so is my dad apparently. Tonight is the TNA "Bound for Glory" ppv, and a few of us will be headed over to Darkside's to take in the fun.
This week I have to start putting together my mid-term report cards (ughhh), write an essay for my english lit class, and i have to read two plays: Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustus and Romeo and Juliet by Billy Shakes.
Well, off I go...
No comments:
Post a Comment