Sarah and I left Tasha with Baba Lex and Grandpa David last night and went out to see Harry Potter 4 - the goblet of fire. The big buzz word from cast members to producers to fans is that this film is much "darker" than the three that preceeded it. Indeed it is. In fact, I was watching it and remembering the number of 6,7 and 8 year olds and my school who said they had already seen it. I'm not sure it's appropriate for their age at all. Graphic depictions of death, scary imagery, horror movie-inspired sound tracks.... I'm just not sure this was for small children.
I understand that the CORE audience for Harry Potter is 10-14 years old and is growing up with the books - but the younger ones are also into it. I was trying to decide how old Tasha would have to be before I'd let her watch this, and I'm just not sure.
Anyhow - aside from the parenting issues ... I enjoyed the movie and thought it was really well done. The fact that it has made 200 million so far blows me away though. It's only been in theatres two weeks!
I'm in the wrong line of work.
No comments:
Post a Comment