Thursday, August 18, 2005

Everything's fine...

For the last couple weeks Sarah has suspected that the baby was not positioned the way it should be. She feels a little poke here and there and then tries to determine what exactly it is that she’s feeling. She was concerned that the baby’s head may not be down yet. The doctor has told us that everything seemed fine but would do an ultrasound just to be sure.

So yesterday we went to the hospital and, yes… the baby is in position, just a little high.  The doctor is now reinforcing what she told us on Tuesday that the baby will likely not be born until after the August 23rd due date and more than likely, Sarah will have to be induced sometime between the 30th and the 2nd.

We’re hoping it’s no later than the second since my parents, sister and brother-in-law are all leaving for Portugal on the 3rd.  I’m still holding out blind faith that he / she will be born by the 23rd.  Darkside told me that the baby is waiting until AFTER Summerslam so that daddy can enjoy himself this Sunday. What baby doesn’t know is that daddy wants to watch Summerslam WITH baby!! So hurry up already! Speaking of Darkside, just got off the phone with him, and my boy sounds like a veteran dad already! Two days on the job and he’s got it all figured out. I’m not surprised in the least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything's in order and the baby's fine. The extra time will just allow you to prepare that much more. Good luck.

Brian G said...

You guys are rocking and rolling right along! Any day now I'm sure that Sarah's going to poke you on the shoulder and say "I'm not sure, but I think I might be having labour pains.".

My suggestion is to talk to the baby tonight and tell her to come out. I did that on Monday night and look what happened.

Oh, and if you can find someone to circle a chicken knuckle over Sarah's stomache 6 times in a counter-clockwise direction, that would probably help.

Seriously though, sleep as much as you can right now, and when the first pains come on, make sure both of you try to get as much sleep as you can.