Tuesday, August 23, 2005

More familiar neighbors

My friend Sarah Tobey from work is supposed to be moving into her new house today with her fiance, which just happens to be in my community. Her house is two streets south of mine in the second phase of our development. I drove by tonight to see if
she was around, when much to my surprise I saw that another familiar face had just moved in, right around the corner from Sarah.

Nigel is a basketball coach at MCI who i've competed against for the past 5 years. He's a great guy - first class. I was shocked to see him standing outside his brand new house talking to some people in a car. In the car was Jackie - a friend of his and another long time MCI coach. Nigel said he and his wife (who's expecting - due in January) moved into the neighborhood about a month ago.

So now the list of neighbors I knew before we moved in expands to: Sarah Tobey, Darkside and Char, Jill and Jay, Samantha, and now Nigel. Honestly, it's a small community. It's a small world.

No comments: