It's still empty *what's that kid waitin' for*, but many out-of-town family / friends have asked to see what our little nursery actually looks like. I snapped a few pics today, but I must admit, I'm not thrilled with them. I don't think you get a true sense of what the room is really like. Basically, you're just going to have to come over and visit for a better perspective. The first pic is a three quarter view showing the fantastic giraffe mural Sarah and Sophie painted, and the impressive window treatments they did. My wife is so talented. I hope that's hereditary!
The second shot is what we call the "reading corner". A couple book cases loaded with brain tingling material and toys. Sophie was kind enough to bring us a couple of books written by her talented uncle, a noted children's author, Robin Muller. How many times will I read "Row row row your boat" or "Little Wonder"? The over-under is currently set at 160. All we need now is to add a glider or a rocker to complete that corner. I couldn't fit everything into a couple of snaps. There are the two wall mounted shelves we bought at Michael's (that I had so much fun sanding, filling and painting - then decorating with monkies), the Ikea corner shelf (loaded with giraffes) and the beautiful matching crib / dresser. Right now the dresser is so perfectly organized with the diaper-depot on the side and the little diaper genie down below. How long before the depot has been tossed on it's side and the genie is just covered in poop? I give it a week.
Click on the links below to see all the shots
Opposite corner
Monkey shelf
Bear shelf
Cara Mia crib
Ikea corner shelf
Cara Mia dresser / change table
Rocking horse, made by Sophie
Baby Papasan swing and seat
Animal prints above closet
Night light
6 comments:
What about the cute giraffe lamp from Tia and Tio?
Well "tia" we were waiting for the lamp shade before we included that in the extensive list of giraffe paraphernalia in the room. :)
Wow!!! I love the room. I can't wait to see pictures of the baby in that room. You did a great job.
Love you both,
Is
Is Culby?? Is that you?? I had to search for your phone # today because I haven't heard back from you on email. Have you received any of my emails??
Hey Donnie! Sarah and I will have to make some flower pillows now that we know she's a she, and not a he!
Sounds great Soph! Thanks so much for all your help!
Post a Comment