Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Let the blogging begin...

Where to start? Life's been insane lately. Friends and family have been joking with me about how nice it is to have the entire summer off to prepare for the arrival of the baby. Unfortunately I haven't had a whole lot of "free time" at all. Sarah and I have been swamped. I worked the entire month of July at basketball camp and have spent the last few weeks doing little things around the house. Gardening, painting, re-organizing, etc etc. It's actually been great. Having everything in it's place makes me feel calmer and a little more prepared for the upcoming chaos of fatherhood. That being said, I can't wait to be a father. Could be anyday now. Doctor seems to think we may have to wait until Aug 30th. then be induced, but my instincts tell me it'll be sooner. Still no idea as to the baby's gender, but I'm good either way. We've got killer names picked out either way.

Ok, now onto the day to day stuff.

Yesterday we took Serene and Lucas to the Zoo. Are you SURE you want to do this Sarah?? She did, and I was amazed. My pregnant wife held up better than I did. The damn hill on the way back from the Grizzlie bears is just stupid. Put in a moving sidewalk or somethin!! I wasn't sure we'd make it. Thank god for those pre-natal classes... that staggered breathing finally came in handy!! :)

The kids had a great time, and we managed to pick up a few more key items at the Zoo gift shop for the nursery. Our giraffe theme is either going to be very cool or we're going to end up being a segment on "Weird Homes" on TLC. Note to friends / family... we're good on the giraffe front for now. You can all slow down with your giraffe themed merchandise! This whimsical little idea we had has taken on a life of it's own!! Ok, I'm exagerating, but that's what I do.

When we took the kids home, Beto was nice enough to lend Sarah his IPOD for the delivery. He knows what a music addict she is and this thing holds like 10,000 songs. That SHOULD be enough to get her through the night / day / night / however long it takes. It's my first time playin with an IPOD. Damn these things are sweet. Note to readers - my b-day's coming up and um, ya, IPOD's are cool.

I was out tonight with my boy Dan-e-o www.dan-e-o.com, Brian and Courtney at a WWE Smackdown show. Now, I've been a wrestling fan since ... hell since forever, but tonight I must admit the show nearly put me to sleep. If not for the awesome company and the fact that I had so much fun playing the role of crowd heel, the night would have been a total bust. Am I getting too old for this crap? Dammmit, I didn't think that'd ever be possible. I'm hoping it's not true and I'm just second guessing myself because it was a HORRIBLE show. Summerslam will be better right?? Right?

Speaking of Dan-e-o, I finally got my own copy of Speak No Evil (The Last of Dan-e-o) tonight. The cd is awesome. Great remixes from the See no evil, hear no evil album, with a whole new twist. I can't wait for D's next big career move. The most talented underground rapper in Canadian history won't be underground much longer.

Because I was out tonight, I missed Big Brother - of course, I already knew what was going to happen (thank you jokersupdates.com and BB6 Live Feeds) and I must say I'm pissed that Kaysar is on the outs again. This guy is the only one, other than James that makes the damn show interesting this season. Intelligent with a streak of evil makes for good TV. Hmmmm, they really SHOULD put ME on that show. Brew + BB7 = ratings and $500,000 in my pocket.

I'm about to go shopping on eastbay.com for new basketball shoes. I've finally given up. Stores are not for me. A big man like myself just wasn't meant to shop at the malls. If anyone knows where I can walk in and find size 15 kicks, email me!


Website recommendation of the day... if you're bored try movie-mistakes.com I can literally spend hours (ok, another slight exageration) on there. It's a lot of fun to read the list of bloopers, inconsistencies or factual mistakes and THEN go and watch the movies over again. What the hell do these editors / directors / producers get paid for when big budget flicks like the Matrix and Lord of the Rings have over a hundred major flubs? I love it though. Yes, I'm a loser.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just got done viewing your entire blog. What a way to share your moments and life here!! I really loved viewing all of the pics of Tasha. She really is adorable!! And for some unknown reason, I find her very reminiscent of someone I laid eyes on some thirty years ago! Does it sound familiar?? You!! Holy cow!! I can't believe how much she looks like you. I think that my Mom and Dad have a picture of you sitting in a yellow fuzzy couch with this cute expression that is very similar to the one that you have of Tasha sitting in a seat too! The expressions are just amazing. I feel like I see you in that way again. Poor girl!! HaHa!! You were so cute too!! Well, got to go and pick up Justin at work. Love to hear from you again. Good luck and lots of love to all of you!!

Love, your cousin

Lina