Sunday, August 28, 2005

Natasha and Mommy finally come home!

Today has been another very emotional day. The exhilaration of watching my baby girl literally enter my life was closely followed by the overwhelming realization that "We get to take this little angel home!"

After 3 days and four nights in the hospital, we were finally discharged. Truth is, I was in no hurry to leave because my girls were being well looked after by the nurses. Once they decided they Sarah was able to go home on her own we packed up, put lil Tasha into her 'police-approved car seat' and went off to start a whole new chapter in our lives.

On the way home, Tasha slept like a little angel. Sarah and I got into the whole conversation of "firsts". Her first time outside. First time feeling a breeze. First time seeing the grass. First time in a car. The list is endless. Forget the little baby-memory booklet... I need 7 or 8 volumes of enclyclopdeia proportion to record all of this!

The next few days will be all about Mommy catching up on much needed sleep, Tasha adjusting and establishing routines.

We love receiving phone calls, but we're asking that everyone hold off at least a few days before coming by to see our little princess.

Once again, thanks to all who wrote, called and visited while we were in hospital. It's great to be home.

3 comments:

Brian G said...

You said "routines". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Donnie, you're so funny. New baby and he's planning on "routines". Seriously, I wipe tears from my eyes right now. The only "routine" you should get used to is putting cold tea bags on your eyes every day to try to make yourself look a little more awake than you really are.

Char and I have a little tradition here, whenever someone comes over to get a hit of baby (the most addictive drug on the planet), they have to either bring over something to eat (i.e. dinner), or do some housework for us. It's working out well for us so far, although our fridge is getting light so we're going to have to start inviting folks over again.

Abreu said...

haha.... ok Darkside... I'm a little ambitious!

Light fridge? Is that a hint? I'll bring over some soup and a box of K.D.

Anonymous said...

Andre & Loretta & the other Wietings want more pictures please!!! What a great looking family but mainly what a great looking baby! We send our love to you three.